Read all instructions
Not intended for use by children.
• The Thermomix® TM5 is a kitchen appliance intended for use at home or in similar environments. Children must not be allowed to play with it. Keep the appliance and its connecting cables out of children’s reach. If the Thermomix® TM5 is used around children, consider using a locking code, see p.52 of USA instruction manual.
• The Thermomix® TM5 is exclusively intended for use by adults. It may not be used by children – not even when supervised by an adult. Keep children away from the appliance when it is in operation. Please ensure you warn children of the potential dangers of heat/steam development, hot condensation, and hot surfaces.
• Close supervision is necessary when the Thermomix® TM5 is used near children.
• The appliance may be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and/or knowledge if they are supervised or instructed with regard to its safe use and understand the resulting hazards.
Electric shock hazard.
• Always unplug the Thermomix® TM5 from the outlet when not in use, before attaching or removing parts (e.g. protection grid), and before cleaning.
• Do not put the Thermomix® TM5 in water or other liquid. Clean with a damp cloth only. No water or dirt should enter the base unit.
Do not operate the Thermomix® TM5 if the cord or plug becomes damaged, if the appliance malfunctions, or if the Thermomix® TM5 is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return your Thermomix® TM5 to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or electrical
or mechanical adjustment or if the Thermomix® TM5 has fallen off a surface or is damaged in any way.
• Do not use the Thermomix® TM5 outdoors.
To avoid scalding, burn injury and laceration hazard, do not try to open the mixing bowl lid by force.
• Only open the mixing bowl lid when the speed is set to “O” and the locking the mechanism has released it.
If the hole in the mixing bowl lid is covered or blocked and the heating is active, excess pressure
can build up in the mixing bowl and the hot contents can erupt from it.
• While cooking, if you find the hole in the mixing bowl lid blocked or if the measuring cup is being pushed up, unplug the Thermomix® TM5.
DO NOT touch the controls.
• Do not fill the simmering basket past the max. fill line.
• Do not fill the mixing bowl past the max. fill line (2.2 liters).
• Ensure that the hole in the mixing bowl lid remains free of food.
• To allow steam to escape and prevent excess pressure, ensure the hole in the mixing bowl lid is never blocked or covered – either from the inside (e.g. by food) or from the outside (e.g. by a towel)
You may get burned or scalded by escaping hot food or steam or by touching hot surfaces.
• Remove mixing bowl carefully to help prevent contents from spilling or splashing.
• Take care when adding liquids to the mixing bowl, as they may suddenly be ejected again due to evaporation.
• Watch out for individual splashes of hot food escaping from the mixing bowl opening. To avoid injury when processing hot food, place the measuring cup into the opening of the mixing bowl lid and do not touch or fix the measuring cup.
• To prevent splashing, use the measuring cup, simmering basket or Varoma dish to cover the hole in the mixing bowl lid. The safety function can only be ensured when original Thermomix® TM5 accessories are used. Ensure that the accessories or hole in the mixing bowl lid is not covered or blocked from the inside or outside by a towel or suchlike.
• At higher speeds, hot food may splash out or hot liquids may froth up. Please therefore only use low speeds (x –6) at high temperatures (>60°C or Varoma temperature).
• Using the turbo mode or abruptly increasing mixing speed with hot food may result in scalding injury.
• When processing hot food, increase the speed gradually.
• Do not touch the surface of the mixing bowl or parts of the mixing bowl lid, Varoma or measuring cup as they will become hot when processing hot food.
• Touch only the handles on the sides of the Varoma when the Varoma is hot.
• When you remove the Varoma from the mixing bowl lid and set it aside, always keep the Varoma lid on
• The Thermomix® TM5 can generate a constant flow of steam while cooking depending on the chosen settings. Keep away from the steam. Hot steam will continue to rise up through the hole in the mixing bowl lid when removing the entire Varoma. Hot steam may escape at the sides and from the top of the Varoma lid during operation.
• Do not use your Thermomix® TM5 with damaged accessories.
• Scalding due to food boiling over may occur if heating large quantities of food at high temperatures (>90°C and Varoma temperature). If boiling over occurs, push the selector to stop the Thermomix® TM5.
• When removing the Varoma lid, tilt the lid away from your face and body to avoid escaping steam.
• Ensure that some slots of the Varoma dish and tray remain uncovered of food to allow the controlled escape of steam.
• Position the Varoma correctly onto the mixing bowl and Thermomix® TM5 to prevent the Varoma from becoming detached. Unhook and remove spatula from simmering basket after removing simmering basket and placing it on a level surface. If hooked to mixing basket, spatula may cause mixing basket to tip and spill hot contents.
• Use care when removing simmering basket. Contents of simmering basket may splash during removal.
• Do not disassemble the mixing bowl while it is hot.
Fire hazard. Incorrect positioning may cause the Thermomix® TM5 to catch fire or fall down, causing injury.
• Your Thermomix® TM5 may catch fire if exposed to an external heat source.
• Do not place on or near a hot surface or hob.
• Place your Thermomix® TM5 on a clean, solid, unheated even surface to help prevent it from slipping or catching fire.
• Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of table or counter, or touch any hot surface, such as a stove.
The use of attachments or items not recommended or sold by Vorwerk may cause fire, electric
shock or injury.
• Never use the Thermomix® TM5 in combination with parts or equipment for older generations of
• Only use the spatula with safety disk provided to stir food in the mixing bowl. Never use other utensils (e.g. a spoon). These may get caught up in the rotating mixing knife and cause injury.
• Blades are sharp. Handle carefully. Hold the upper part of the mixing knife when removing or reinserting it.
• Use care when removing the mixing knife to prevent it from falling out accidentally.
• Keep hands and utensils out of the mixing bowl to prevent the risk of injury to persons or damage to the Thermomix® TM5.
The magnets in the Recipe Chip may affect pacemakers.
• The magnets in the Thermomix® TM5 Recipe Chips and the Thermomix® TM5 Recipe Chip interface may affect pacemakers or internal defibrillators. Keep Thermomix® TM5 Recipe Chips
and the Thermomix® TM5 Recipe Chip interface away from pacemakers or internal defibrillators. Warn people with pacemakers or internal defibrillators.
The locking mechanism can pinch your fingers.
• Avoid contact with moving parts. Never touch the locking arms or mixing bowl lid when opening or closing the Thermomix® TM5.
• Keep hair and clothing away from moving parts of the Thermomix® TM5.
• Make sure the Appliance is switched off and the locking mechanism released before taking off or putting on accessories.
Damaged accessories can cause injury.
• If any Thermomix® TM5 accessories are damaged by mixing knife during food preparation, discard food. Contact Vorwerk for replacement accessory.
• Inspect the sealing ring regularly for possible damage. In case of damage or leakage, exchange the lid immediately. The sealing ring is not removable and attempting to do so may result in
damage that may make replacement of the mixing bowl lid necessary.
You may suffer injury or damage your Thermomix® TM5 or property.
• Do not modify your Thermomix® TM5 or any accessories.
• Never leave the Thermomix® TM5 unattended while it is running. (Note that some automated recipes that use low mixing speeds and low temperatures can be prepared in the Thermomix® TM5 without supervision. These exceptions will be explicitly stated in the recipe.)
• An imbalance of the Thermomix® TM5 may develop when kneading dough or chopping food and cause the device to move along the counter. Keep your Thermomix® TM5 away from the edge
to help prevent it from falling off.
• Ensure that there is sufficient clearance above and around the Thermomix® TM5 and Varoma
(from cupboards and shelves) to help prevent damage from any released hot steam.
• Only plug the appliance into an alternating current at a plug installed by a qualified specialist. The voltage and supply frequency must correspond to the plug label (on the power supply).
• Only turn the speed dial when the butterfly attachment (stirring attachment) is attached correctly. Do not exceed speed 4 when using the butterfly whisk. If you do, it is likely to be thrown out and damaged.
• Never use the spatula when the butterfly whisk is attached.
• Do not add ingredients that can damage or block the butterfly whisk when it is attached to the mixing knife and the motor is running.
• Leaks from around the mixing knife may damage the Thermomix® TM5.
• Ensure that the sealing ring of the mixing knife is fitted to the knife bearing.
• Ensure that the mixing knife is locked into the bowl base correctly.
• The mixing bowl base must be turned as far as it will go and locked. Failure to fit the mixing bowl base and mixing knife correctly may result in damage to other parts of the Thermomix® TM5. If liquid leaks or spills into the Thermomix® TM5 base, unplug the Thermomix® TM5 and
refer to the cleaning section (p. 56) for cleaning.
• To help prevent corrosion of your Thermomix® TM5, ensure that the contact pins of the mixing bowl are thoroughly dried after cleaning so that moisture does not enter the Thermomix® TM5.
• Only use your Thermomix® TM5 with a clean mixing bowl lid. Ensure that the brim of the mixing bowl is clean at all times.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS